Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: AG Hospital called me

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent Sammie to the AG doll hospital for new eyes. Yesterday I got a message on my voice mail from AG hospital about her. I called back fearing they were going to tell me that they couldn't just replace the eyes. However, they were only calling to let me know that the design of the eyes and lashes had changed since my doll was made and they wanted to make sure I was ok with that before they went through with it. How nice of them!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's really good of them to call and let you know! I'm afraid I would've just about had a heart attack upon getting a call (since in rare cases, they wind up replacing the whole head). [img]eek.gif[/img] Glad it wasn't bad news!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent in a German-made Addy a year ago for eye surgery due to silver eye and I'm sure they cracked up at my anxiety. I was so worried they would replace the whole head. I put a note in the box, on the box, and one wrapped around Addy's body: "DON'T REPLACE MY HEAD!!! SEND ME BACK IF I CAN'T HAVE ONLY NEW EYES!"

    They did call me to confirm it'd be OK, but the style of eyelashes had changed. They thought it was amusing that I was so anxious about it, but then they weren't the ones who spent hours tracking down one of the first edition Addy dolls on ebay, ya know? Plus, my dolls' heads are part of what makes them... them. Each dolly face is a little different and it'd kind of freak me out to have a doll come back with a whole new face!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nevtal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2006
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to hear everything was okay. ^_^

    My Kirsten and Ayame both have developed silver eye and will be going to the hospital for laser eye surgery soon. Both of them are PM, so was your Sammie PM, too? If I get a call it will be nice to know that it might be for the same reason. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad to know it was for a good reason [img]smile.gif[/img] . I'd be worried too that they would replace the head.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •